The WA First Home Owner’s Grant (FHOG) is available for all eligible first home buyers to buy or build a new residential property. The $10,000 one-time state government grant is free of interest and repayments. The First Home Owner’s Grant is a government assistance program intended to help eligible individuals into a principle place of residence. The grant has geographically determined restrictions, residential requirements and applicant eligibility criteria. In addition to the $10,000 First Home Owner Grant, eligible persons can also be exempt from paying stamp duty within certain thresholds and for homes under $430,000.
How do I Qualify?
To qualify for the First Home Owners Grant, buyers must meet the requirements which include:
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident;
- Never owned a residential property anywhere in Australia;
- Not previously received a First Home Owner’s Grant from any other State or Territory in Australia;
- Be 18 years of age or older;
- Occupy the home as your principal place of residence for a continuous period of at least six months. This must take place within 12 months of receiving the FHOG.
More information on the WA First Home Owner’s Grant and to see if you’re eligible is available here.